What has transpired in my musical life so far is truly humbling and powerful at the same time. Join us - you won’t regret it!
- as an orchestral flutist employee - with greater awareness of who I am as an artist, the continued experiences, curiosity and research around leadership took on some comfort and ease. As well as the confidence to have the courageous conversations with management, musicians, conductors, board members in order to invite change - less “us” and “them”, more connections are built and what unfolds is out of my hands - surprising and exciting.
- As a teacher - the psycho-physical approach which Lorna and Gaby present at PIFR has taken on a life of its own in my teaching and practicing. I have attended over 90 hours of their Masterclasses and technique classes and I’m still surprised by what I don’t know yet!
- as a performer - Wibb’s colours, phrasing, stories, language and use of other artistic forms encourage me to trust my own creative voice - in all its forms.
- as a workshop facilitator - what shows up in my personal and professional life during the year is investigated, researched and presented at PIFR. Fitness & Flow for Fluters, Glutes for Flutes, Mindful Musician, Finding Centre....QiGong, brain gym, power poses, pilates...aromatherapy, right brain drawing, dancing...leadership, self care, compassionate communication. Its all relevant to my expansion as a creative artist and its integrated, demonstrated and experienced at PIFR.
- career choice to become Life Coach: PIFR 2017 was the first year I presented the morning workshop series - after I had completed my Life Coach training. I felt vulnerable and strong at the same time. I found that what we had co-created at PIFR kept me safe enough to soar and trust my wings. I’m so excited for this years’ morning workshop series - through the lens of David Richo’s “5 A’s of love“ we explore our relationship to self, flute, others and music: attention, accepting, appreciation, affection, allowing.
- as an employer and small business owner - I have not found complete Zen around this - yet! It is my growing edge. What I learn, I pass on. From tax exemptions and claims to asking for assistance...to knowing whom to hire - insuring that core values are aligned. One simply cannot negotiate core values.
Every year is different - there have been many "return" participants over the years - the record is 5 years!....where we come back to what we thought we understood and discover a deeper truth. (Barry Gellespie).