- how to practice and teach with impact (The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle)
- an experience of boundaries in rehearsals, performances, with students and self.
- increase in ability to focus and concentrate.
- increase in Flow state (being in the Zone) or “boundlessness” on stage, in the practice room, studio and home.
- an awareness of the circle of Flow - creativity - inspiration to do the work - new insights - resistance - acceptance and so on.
It all begins with the intention and attention. “The secret to success is constancy of purpose” Benjamin Disraeli
How? Simply through breath. There are many practices out there which allow you to by pass your monkey brain (CNN ticker tape that has a comment to make about everything) and find your still small voice of wisdom.
Through Mindfulness practice one is building up the myelin (casing around the nerve fiber which builds up over time and use - is the brain superhighway) so you can get to that still small voice efficiently. Through Mindfulness you have the knowing of your own Voice and its wisdom. You find the courage to follow what you know to be true for you and to see past your own understanding - to speak with “Impeccable Word”, to know “Its Not Personal”, to ask questions - even if you don’t really want to know the answer, and to “Always do your Best” in the moment (“Four Agreements” Don Ruiz Miguel) and finally how to accept, with grace, when your best is not what you hoped it would be and to forgive yourself, recover and try again.
If I partner Mindfulness with awareness of the Flow state - I experience the intrinsic and reciprocal reward of joy which propels me to greater and greater insight, compassion, and is contagious to those around us.
If you are interested in participating in a 6 free training sessions presented by Potential Partners Inc , please contact Malcolm Lin firstname.lastname@example.org
www.mindful.org is a wonderful resource.
Tomorrow - Boundaries "The limit or edge that defines you as separate from others. A boundary is a limit that promotes integrity" p.14
"Boundaries; Where You End and I Begin" Anne Katherine.
- the intellectual understanding of what a boundary is
- and my physiological experience of a boundary.